Sunday, January 25, 2009

What I'm Listening To


I've gotten the audiophile bug and this is my first true audiophile-grade purchase.  I'm a vinyl fan, but I have a bunch of CD's that I was doing an injustice by playing them through my Macbook and mixer.  Plus, it was a pain to re-wire the mixer every time I wanted to listen to CD's.  I started looking for a decent CD player and lucked out with this one.  It's a Denon 1650AR CD player.  I found it on CL.  Dude was located in Uptown and kept it MINT.  He had the original box, styrofoam packaging, manual, and remote!  This has really breathed new life into my CD collection.  It sounds amazing even though I'm currently running it straight to my Mackie HR824's using crappy Radioshack RCA's and its less-than-ideal built-in pre-amp (supposed to use the line-outs and run it through a dedicated external pre-amp).  I still prefer vinyl, but I don't have the funds to invest into that portion of audiophiledom yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment