Sunday, November 29, 2009

Home

Sunday is home time. That doesn't necessarily mean that you're in your house or apartment. Home is wherever you feel comfortable and welcome to be yourself. I've got my coffee, my headphones and my notebook: "This must be the place."

I've posted this amazing music video of Miles Fisher's equally impressive song. It wasn't until today that I finally heard the original version on The Current (gawd! I love Mpls!). The original is a David Byrne song written and performed by The Talking Heads in 1984. There have been many covers of this song from the likes of Arcade Fire and MGMT, but Miles Fisher's version with the chopped-up vocals looped and the sick synth work takes the cake!

The encore presentation (with the mp3, Talking Heads version, and a live version below):



No comments:

Post a Comment