Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Presenting Malcolm and Martin, "Movement Music"



I was in Fifth Element the other week flipping through their new arrivals and this caught my eye. It wasn't because it was something I hadn't heard of, but because the album had "DJ Revolution presents..." on it. I'm a fan of Revolution not only from a turntablist perspective, but also from his ear for quality emcees as evident in his King of the Decks album. Kevin Beacham was in the store and I asked him if he knew anything about these guys. He said that he was rolling in Chicago with somebody and they had this playing in their whip. Kevin knew he had to check it out and eventually brought it into the store. Solely based on DJ Revolution and Kevin Beacham's co-signs I bought it and gave it a chance. It hasn't left my deck since. Highly recommended for the hip-hop heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment